cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Track feature requests in bugzilla?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:18:51 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> also, i don't want to do conversations over bugzilla, it's painful
>>> and removes the ability to estimate people relationships (think >>
>>> agora)
>>
>> Hmm, stupid answer, but is it better to communicate over the wiki? I
>> don't think so.
>
> nono, you missed my point: bugzilla forces discussion to happen over the
> issue comments. wiki, since it's hard to do communication overthere (as
> you suggest), forces you to write comments on email, like it should be.

And what's so bad about communication on bugzilla? Every mail is sent to
the lists. The issues can also be discussed on the list by simply
replying to an email. The only missing point is the "real" sender of a
mail for bugzilla comments, isn't it?

> Scarab is cool, but like every tigris project seems to be in continous
> alpha mode and has been so for years. This is unlikely to change fast.

Thanks for the information.

If there is no real alternative to bugzilla, we should use it. Nowhere
else information about specific issues are collected so compactly.
Mailing lists must be searched for an issue like a haystack for the
needle (it's overstated but I think you know what I mean).

Another issue is the configuration of bugzilla itself. Isn't it
customizable? Furthermore more recent versions offer more options.

Joerg