cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: TR : Problem in SVGSerializer
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:26:44 GMT
BORGES Charles wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In the configure method of org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer
>there is a problem when mapping config parameters to transcoder hints:
>
>When  the parameter type is string, nothing is set.
>For example if you're using
><parameter name="user_stylesheet_uri" type="string" value="svg.css"/> in the
>configuration of a SVGSerializer, the corresponding batik
>KEY_USER_STYLESHEET_URI is set to "" In configure():
>
>String keyType = parameters[i].getAttribute("type", "STRING").toUpperCase();
>if ("FLOAT".equals(keyType)) {
>	// Can throw an exception.
>      value = new Float(parameters[i].getAttributeAsFloat("value"));
>} else if {

>} else {
>   	// Assume String, and get the value. Allow an empty string.
>      value = parameters[i].getValue("");
>}
>
>I think it should be value = parameters[i].getAttribute("value") instead.

Actually, this is more an inconsistency than a real bug: when @type is
"string" or when there's no type, the value is considered as being the
_content_ of the element, and not the @value attribute, i.e.

<parameter name="foo" type="float" value="6.14"/>
<parameter name="bar" type="string">bar-string-value</parameter>

Anyway, I fixed the inconsistency (2.1 CVS).

Thanks for reporting,
Sylvain