cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Using modifiers within Cocoon components
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:00:37 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 1 jan 1970, à 13:40 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :
>
>>> ...We could use the same syntax for the so called interal pipelines
>>>
>>> <map:pipeline modifier="private">
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> We could use two different component managers for each sitemap to manage
>>> these components, this should make the lookup easier.
>>

>> I like this as well. internal-only="true" sounds hacky.
>

> +1, but someone mentioned using
>
>   access="private"
>
> instead, which is clearer.
> "modifier" does not convey the exact meaning.

I like access="private" and access="public".

- Which is the default if none is specified? (public)

Hmmm, on second thought,

uri access : @internal-only
block access : @access

are these two orthoganal concepts named deceptively in the case of
pipelines?  @access is not meant to imply whether a pipeline can be
accessed but whether it can be extended or used outside the block.  If
we never envision anything other than private/public would something
like block-private="true" convey more meaning? block-access="private"
might do the same but leave freedom for other than private/public.

Geoff