cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: ResolverImpl test case broken again?
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:00:45 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> I tested your patch and that works fine on my system.
> Well done, i believe that you have fixed it. Would you please commit.

I'll do this ASAP.

> So we can leave the resolver test cases there until we find something
> better to do with them. We really need to clean up all of the testcases.

Having slept over the issue (not much, just a little more than 4 hours
:-(), these are my thoughts:

We should strive for 100% test coverage. Removing a test case without
removing the class being tested is no good, in my book.

Should we remove the ResolverImpl class? As far as I can see, it's not
used anywhere in our codebase, apart from the test case. On the other
hand, it's not @deprecated, even though it implements a deprecated
interface. Should we call a vote on the issue?

> For example, do we need the XMLform stuff?

There are people out there (me included) who have applications based on
this stuff and migration to Woody is not a simple process. I'd say keep it.

> --David

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it