cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve K <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Re: Eclipse debugging (was Re: [GT2003] Thank you)
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:02:51 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Start Cocoon with cocoon  servlet-debug (instead of just cocoon servlet)
>
> Then, in eclipse, select run/debug...
> Click remove java application, then new at the bottom.
> Select your cocoon project. Click apply/debug.

The way I've been debugging cocoon is by extending the CocoonWrapper
class and adding a slightly different version of the processURI() method
that returns the status rather than throwing a ProcessingException on
failure.  Then I have a Main class (actually, it is a ExcaliburTestCase
class) that does the following:

----

CocoonTester cocoon = new CocoonTester();

cocoon.setContextDir("src/webapp");
cocoon.setLogKit("src/webapp/WEB-INF/debug-logkit.xconf");
cocoon.setLogger("stream");
cocoon.initialize();

cocoon.processURIStatus("test/", baos);
System.out.println(baos.toString());

----

Note that CocoonTester is my subclass of CocoonWrapper, and
debug-logkit.xconf is a modified version of the regular cocoon
logkit.xconf that uses the stream target to log everything to System.out.

This is the beginnings of my effort to come up with a way to start unit
testing cocoon pipelines.  It is easier than dealing with remote
debugging, and dumping all the logs to the console is helpful as well.
I'm looking into a way to send requests to cocoon using the
SitemapSource rather than cocoon.process() to request a page since I'd
like to get back SAX events rather than bytes.

cheers,
-steve