cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Eclipse debugging (was Re: [GT2003] Thank you)
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 10:45:37 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>

>>Yep. I was amazed by the number of people coming to me after my Woody
>>presentation, asking questions, proposing enhancements, use cases, etc.
>>This is a real need, and we seem to have a real solution now.
>>

>Yep. We need boost the woody development. :)
>
>Many people is needed the woody implementation (we are in the row too!).
>Currently, we are having problems related to Flow+Woody+OJB it just stall.
>Today we will do a little research trying to find the error.
>
>We need to do a demo on friday morning and I don't know if this will work
>at all. :-0
>
>Desafortunately, we dont know how to start cocoon in debug mode under
>eclipse. If someone can write a doc about this, please do it. This will
>for sure help us in finding where the bug is.

Start Cocoon with cocoon  servlet-debug (instead of just cocoon servlet)

Then, in eclipse, select run/debug...
Click remove java application, then new at the bottom.
Select your cocoon project. Click apply/debug.

Set a breakpoint in your code. Request a page with your browser from
port 8888, and you should see eclipse catch the breakpoint.

Upayavira