cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [GT2003] Thank you
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:52:29 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> Unfortunately the GT is over now :(

Great event, nice people, cool meeting. The whole thing was filmed by
Stefano, and the videos should be made available for download so that
everybody can have a feeling of what happened. Problem is finding a
server with the required bandwidth for what will certainly be very big
even with a high compression ratio. Something that *must* be looked at
is David Casal's amazing "Pipelined fugues" presentation with live
on-stage piano performance.

> Unfortunately...but thanks to everybody who helped make this a great
> event!
> I have a feeling that GT2003 will be The Day Of The Cocoon Web
> Application for many people.

Yep. I was amazed by the number of people coming to me after my Woody
presentation, asking questions, proposing enhancements, use cases, etc.
This is a real need, and we seem to have a real solution now.

>> ...This showed that working together on the bugs is really very
>> effizient, so we should try to repeat it somehow in the near future....
>

> Yes, agreed. A monthly "virtual hackathon" as suggested by David
> Crossley would be good, stay tuned...

And we're expecting from you proposals for creative usage of
collaboration tools to help this ;-)

Thanks to all participants of this great event, and see you next year!

Sylvain