cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: block perspectives
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:05:24 GMT

Stefano:

My request to you to was "to go back and take another look".  I was
specifically addressing the inconsistencies and errors in the claims
that you raised on this list. Given the level of gross inaccuracy
associated with your comments, I was compelled to correct the assertions
you were making.

I hope you understand.

As to the suggestion that I or Avalon are attempting to force decision
changes - I suggest you go back over the mail archives.  I responded to
a request from Geoff Howard to put forward my thoughts "on where our
needs differ from what the various Avalon options offer as they exist
now and where they seem to be going in the near future?".  I posted a
reply, attempting to outline my understanding of the common underlying
requirements based on (a) my contribution to early discussion on the
subject, (b) monitoring discussion here, and (c) reviewing documentation
on you site.  Clearly the question prompted a reflection of Cocoon needs
relative to the aims and objectives with Avalon.  I attempted to address
this question noting those areas that I considered as overlapping and
areas that I identified as outside of the area of concern relative to
Avalon priorities.

You chose to respond to my email with a series of negative emails
justifying "why Cocoon should ignore everyone else", and "the value of
trial and error", compounded with a technical assessment that was biased
in the extreme, in many cases completely faulted, and for the most part
missleading.  Now you are making the assertion that I am attempting to
change established Cocoon designs.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

Please note that I am simply responding to suggestions and requests from
members of the Cocoon community to take a more active role here in the
process of block development.  Clearly that initiative has shown
immediate merit in the identification on conflicts between the Cocoon
design relative to working Avalon solutions. I hope and remain confident
that the broader Cocoon community will continue to remain open and
receptive to ideas and experience that other communities have to offer.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org