cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [RT] Building useful release notes (was Re: [GT2003] heads up: Hackathon schedule updated)
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 08:26:58 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> I currently don't have much access except email so can anyone tell me
>> whether we have change notes for the new version or where Steve can
>> find them?
>

> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html ?

The change list is really too much low-level and hardly readable by
someone that doesn't follow the dev list every day.

We could classify changes with a new attibute
importance="minor|medium|major" so that we can build usable release
notes automatically. Of course, the changes going in the release notes
will have to be in "clear" text in order to be understood by the
majority of people with average Cocoon knowledge.

Something that's needed also is categorizing the changes to easily
identify the area of Cocoon where a change occured. A simple way to
achieve that would be for each block to have it's own status.xml file
(this will be needed anyway when blocks will have their own CVS repo).

With these two simple categorization criteria, building some useful
release notes will become really easy.

What do you think ?

Sylvain