cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [BUG] Building docs failed
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 12:47:13 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>I see three solutions:
>>a) Revert the restructuring
>>b) Update the site
>>c) Do nothing
>>
>>What do you think?
>

> We have a dilemma, or is that a trilemma. Lets make it a quadrilemma ...
>
> d) One of us rolls back just our site.xml, or whatever it is
> that creates the menus, and commits just the generated changes.html
> Yeah, still risky but it is another option.

e) forego the entire, increasingly clumsy CVS deployment mechanism and
do an scp instead. The live copy of the website resides in
/www/cocoon.apache.org/, the CVS repo of cocoon-site resides in
/home/cvs/cocoon-site/, on the same physical server. The CVS deployment
mechanism has been invented to give infrastructure@ people the
possibility to easily rebuild the website(s) from the cvs modules upon a
server crash. Given the fact that both resources reside on the same
machine, I don't know how this would work.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org