cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: block perspectives
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 12:31:21 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Because while deploying an avalon block in cocoon might make sense,
>> deploying a cocoon block in merlin wouldn't make any sense at all.
>

> Exactly the point.
>
> Cocoon is not a generic container, it's a very specific container, and
> our blocks can only work with Cocoon.
>
> What should instead be seen, is how to make Cocoon be based *on*
> Fortress and be usable *in* Merlin.

That and how is the Cocoon block definition conflicting with Avalon
definition for blocks.  I believe there is some conflict, and since
it seems that the Cocoon community doesn't want to have a two way
compatibility going on with Cocoon blocks, then it would be in everyone's
best interest to make Cocoon blocks with Cocoon proprietary locations
for meta-info.  Change BLOCK-INF to COCOON-INF, and any block definition
conflicts go away.  That would be enough for now.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin