cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alfred Fuchs <em...@alfred-fuchs.de>
Subject Re: DirectoryGenerator
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:45:27 GMT
 > Conal Tuohy wrote:
 >
 > [...] Alternatively, if it really is necessary to call back
> another pipeline, what about using a generic transformer like the
> XIncludeTransformer?

I will explain, what I want to do:

(1) I have a website with a topic "actual".
people should be able to upload HTML or (docbook)XML files
to this directory.
I want scan this directory and generate a overview of the files
with a description exctracted from the titles.
solutions:
- XPathDirectoryGenerator? but the HTML files?
- DirectoryGenerator->CInclude-transformer->WriteTransformer-> ...->HTMLGenerator->....
   or extending the XPathDirectoryGenerator with Tidy...
- write a HTMLXPathDirectoryGenerator.

(2) I have serveral folders with one ore more main-xml-files,
images and html files.
the main-xml-files have links to the other files.
I want generate a overview site, that shows me a description of the files
and which files are linked to the main files and which not.

(3) Only generate a overview of all the files in a folder an his subfolders,
with a nice description of XML, HTML, image and sound files etc.
solution:
- aggregate XPathDirectoryGenerator, ImageDirectoryGenerator, MP3DirectoryGenerator, HTMLXPathDirectoryGenerator....
   and then merge all with a XSLT...

but at this stage a thought:
I have a pipeline for this file type (depends on the name)
and a pipeline for that file type.

why not extend the mechanism of <map:aggregate> and
give a FileInfoDirectoryGenerator a prefix for a pipeline or resource,
that is calld on every found file.

alfred