cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject followup (offlist)
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 04:10:47 GMT

Geoff:

Just wanted to followup with you on the subject of
Merlin/Cocoon/Avalon/Blocks/etc.

A few weeks ago there were several users@avalon people pushing for
greater collaboration with Cocoon on the Merlin/Cocoon block question.
That was the stimulus for taking a more proactive role in pushing
information out to the Cocoon list about what Avalon is doing.  On the
otherhand I'm kind of getting a sustained message "go away while we sort
this out ourselves" - and I don't want to appear to be pushing something
that isn't wanted.

I was wondering if you could give me some "private" feedback. In you
opinion should we be working towards Avalon/Cocoon collaboration or
should we simply come back in a year or eighteen months to see what is
happening?  If its collaboration then some concrete things need to be
considered on the Avalon side and communication channels need to be
established.  If not - there are migration issues related to
ECM/Fortress that can take a back seat in favour of other priorities.
In the overall Avalon picture this has to be addressed as we move
towards a single Avalon solution - in the shorterm - the Cocoon/Avalon
relationship feels kind of mixed.

Any thoughts that would maybe give me a clue on direction?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org