cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [IMP] Another showstopper? [was: SitemapSource doesn't refresh correctly]
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:44:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

>>So what I propose is that MutableEnvironmentFacade keeps track of the
>>values it was given at the first call to setURI(prefix, uri) and puts
>>them back on the wrapped environment when reset() is called.
>>
>>What do you think ?
>>

>To be honest, I can't judge if it works or not :) But I trust you, and
>yes doing it in MutableEnvironmentFacade  is a little bit cleaner.

Ok, since I have Mr Release Manager's agreement, I will commit it ;-P

>>Ah, and I really think a big cleanup is required is this
>>environment/sitemapsource stuff, as it has been augmented, patched and
>>repatched over the years and it's really difficult to understand how it
>>works and why so much code is needed. How many people really understand
>>all this code ? I don't count myself in this category :-/
>>

>Now, before your refactoring I could count me in there, but now... ;)

LOL! But this also show the urge for some cleanup.

>But to be honest, you're absolutely right. The whole thing is a collection of great hacks
that seem to work (well, most times at least).
>I have started to write an RT about this that I wanted to post as soon as we start with
2.2.
>I think changing this in a "clean way" will be a little bit incompatible, so I guess we
should do it for 2.2 then.

Incompatible? Since Environment is totally hidden from normal
components, I guess no code outside of Cocoon uses it directly, and so
we can rewrite just the way we want. Am I wrong ?

Sylvain