cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [IMP] Another showstopper? [was: SitemapSource doesn't refresh correctly]
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:25:37 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>attached is the original mail from Volker about a bug in the SitemapSource.
>Can someone comment on this?
>Is it safe to apply the patch?

I'm not very fond of re-adding the URI and prefix as attributes of the
SitemapSource: I removed them as part of a cleanup/refactoring, and
reintroducing them will forbid some yet-unfinished code factorisation
between SitemapSource and Environment stuff.

Now this is right that a call to setURI() was trashed within the cleanup
process and it appears to be needed (I still don't understand all of the
environment's behaviour...).

So what I propose is that MutableEnvironmentFacade keeps track of the
values it was given at the first call to setURI(prefix, uri) and puts
them back on the wrapped environment when reset() is called.

What do you think ?

Ah, and I really think a big cleanup is required is this
environment/sitemapsource stuff, as it has been augmented, patched and
repatched over the years and it's really difficult to understand how it
works and why so much code is needed. How many people really understand
all this code ? I don't count myself in this category :-/

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message