cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From TREGAN Fabien <Fabien.TRE...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: [RT] FirstFriday - monthly virtual Hackathon
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:00:08 GMT

  Since you won't prevent people from joking and saying hello and asking
news about wives and children, we should either have two IRC channel in
parralel (/join #cocoon #cocoon_logged) (handy with ircII, but boring with
mirc), or have a "protocol" to tell the bot what need to be logged.

  I'd suggest tu use the java syntax (do not log messages that beging with
"//", stop logging a user if message == "/*" until message=="*/"), but it
poses the problem of code copy/paste.

  Two other problems with code copy/paste are :
-Bot's flood protection should be disabled at least for code
-Since the client will send each line as one message, ligned might be mixed
with other peoples messages. That might be prevented with introducing the
"<code>" and "</code>" message with would also allow pretty printing of logs
and use of java-like comments.

fabien.