cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Proper filenames for all jars
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 05:03:16 GMT
David Crossley dijo:
> antonio wrote:
>> antonio     2003/10/09 14:23:06
>>
>>   Modified:    lib/endorsed xml-apis.jar
>>   Log:
>>   Updating xml.apis from Xerces 2.5.0.
>>   Suggested by Torten Curdt and Vadim Gritsenko.
>
> Hi Antonio, i have been intending to ask you to please assign
> the new ojb/lib/*.jar proper filenames using a version number
> if it is released or a compilation date if not yet released.

Yep. I am aware of the problem. I tried to define the versions, but there
are not clear. I requested the version from the OJB project. I hope they
will helps us.

> The validate-jars build task tries to remind us about this.
> It is important so that everyone knows which version of the
> jars we are using.

I know, sorry.

> The same applies to xml-apis.jar Also does this new version
> come from xml-commons?

This is a problem, that I tried to raise in the xml-commons community, but
this is not easy. The code inside the xml-apis-jar is not part of ASF.
xml-apis.jar is a recopilation of many standards. The xml-apis.jar is used
by many projects: xalan, xerces, ant, cocoon, etc.

I tried to push a version of the file, but this ended in a blah, blah,
blah.  Maybe if all us push about this, we will have and xml-apis.jar with
a version.

I suggested that each change in some api will change the version of the
file. But nobody did nothing.

I am concerning about this too.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.