cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject [OT] - [ Release] druid : Druid
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:21:52 GMT

I was working the lastest days in the Druid project. This new release
contains part of my idea of automatics tools for building database O/R
mapping that will help in webapps development using Cocoon framework and

Now druid allow us to generate the OJB repository.xml from your database!

Also for people trying to use JDO with OJB [as me :-D ] there is also a
new Java generation for JDO that generate for you the Java Beans, the .jdo
files and a Ant build.xml to compile, JDO enhance and make a jar of the
java beans!

In my current project with 71 tables and 378 fields all this work is done
in less than 2 mins.! The generated jar is 247 KB! Also you can get XHTML
and PDF documentation of your database it is really very cool!

Well, I hope you will find very useful Druid.

I know I am pushing too much the use of druid, but I think it can really
can save us time in boring code. And I really like to share the ideas with
this nice community. ;-)

Release Notes and ChangeLog:

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.