cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Declared exceptions not thrown - Can be removed?
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:06:31 GMT
I was reviewing the cocoon code and found some declared exceptions that
are not thrown by the methods declared by it.

Sample: o.a.c.webapps.authentication.components.DefaultAuthenticationManager

There is a function:

   public void configure(SitemapConfigurationHolder holder)
    throws ConfigurationException {
        this.holder = holder;
    }

But this function does not trows any Exception. We can write:

   public void configure(SitemapConfigurationHolder holder)
   {
        this.holder = holder;
   }

This also works in Cocoon. Can we remove it? I ask because there are other
similars elsewhere.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.