cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [Woody binding] - o.a.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create xpath areas[7]; InsertBean jxpath factory failed.
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:59:37 GMT
Hi:

I am getting an error while trying to add a new row. The flow stop at
while executing: form.save(bean). The bean is a collection of beans
"Area".

Here is the error message:

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create
xpath areas[7]; InsertBean jxpath factory failed.

Is posible that because the are_id is of type "integer" this error is
raised? If answer is yes, please explain briefly, how can I enable the
integer datatype for this function.

I am going crazy with this I saw the woody example 2 days and I cannot it
get on feets! Please help :-D

Cocoon version: Lastest CVS.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

The binding.xml is:

<wb:context xmlns:wb="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/binding/1.0" path="/">
  <wb:repeater id="transaccion" parent-path="." row-path="areas"
    unique-row-id="are_id" unique-path="@are_id">
    <wb:on-bind>
      <wb:value id="are_name" path="are_name"/>
    </wb:on-bind>
    <wb:on-delete-row>
      <wb:delete-node/>
    </wb:on-delete-row>

    <wb:on-insert-row>
      <wb:insert-bean classname="test.Area" addmethod="addArea"/>
    </wb:on-insert-row>
  </wb:repeater>
</wb:context>

The form definition is:

<wd:repeater id="transaction">
  <wd:output id="are_id">
    <wd:datatype base="integer"/>
  </wd:output>

  <wd:field id="are_name" required="true">
    <wd:label>Name</wd:label>
    <wd:datatype base="string">
    <wd:validation>
      <wd:length min="5" max="50"/>
    </wd:validation>
    </wd:datatype>
    </wd:field>
    <wd:booleanfield id="select">
      <wd:label>Select</wd:label>
    </wd:booleanfield>
    </wd:repeater>

Here is the cause of the error:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to
create xpath areas[7]; InsertBean jxpath factory failed.
	at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPath(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:420)
	at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPath(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:397)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.RepeaterJXPathBinding.saveFormToModel(RepeaterJXPathBinding.java:261)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.ComposedJXPathBindingBase.saveFormToModel(ComposedJXPathBindingBase.java:108)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.ContextJXPathBinding.saveFormToModel(ContextJXPathBinding.java:107)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.JXPathBindingBase.saveFormToModel(JXPathBindingBase.java:115)
	at
	at