cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] what cocoon forms lack
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:27:19 GMT
(commenting on the editor stuff only)

Le Jeudi, 9 oct 2003, à 23:28 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit :

> ...I see two potential types of editor:
>
>  - plain text
>  - stuctured text
>
> Rich text is one of the potential structured text.
>
> I dislike "textarea" as a style if an string input field. it doesn't
> feel right: a textarea is the style of an editor....

OTOH being able to edit (wiki-like?) text from a plain textarea must be
possible as a fallback for when people don't have the right browser,
mobile stuff, etc. It is certainly easy to do but must be taken into
account.

> ...In linotype you have Wysiwig and markup, introducing a wiki mode is
> in my todo list.

Do you envision a server-side format converter for this?
I'm asking because a good birdirectional wiki-to-xhtml conversion
component in java would be very useful. The current chaperon stuff
doesn't provide this.

> ...I would love to have linotype as a cform widget with pluggable
> editing modes that share content: so that you can write your wiki
> text, then click on the wysiwig tag and edit content like that, back
> and forward, you can cut/paste stuff in and out
>
> now, what do you think?

I like this - if this is used for our docs later on, being able to
cut/paste wiki stuff in and out would be very useful for offline work.

-Bertrand