cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/lib jars.xml
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:48:42 GMT

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 21:58 Europe/Rome, Christian Haul wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 18:40 Europe/Rome, haul@apache.org wrote:
>
>>>   Anyone an idea about the licence for JMS & JNDI redistribution?
>> we cannot redistribute those. but you could have a build.xml in the
>> block and get them from ibiblio's maven repository.
>
> Damn. I was afraid you'd say this. It's just that the Sun license for
> them has some limited redistribution addition and the OpenJMS project
> does distribute them (even without including a license file for them).

well, if somebody is not careful about legal issues, it doesn't mean
that we shouldn't be as well, don't you think?

> Looks like I need to look into this local build file thing  :-| Life
> could be so easy.

yeah, don't tell me! jakarta basically was created to route around
those legal limitations for the sun license on the servlet API.

but sun is still asking for redistributors to defend them in court in
case somebody sues them thru software that you have redistributed.

rare and stupid eventuality, I agree, but the ibiblio maven repository
was created exactly to round around those issues.

--
Stefano.