cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Whiteboard Tool (was: [RT] FirstFriday - monthly virtual Hackathon (wiki pages))
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:54:03 GMT

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 09:58 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Jeudi, 9 oct 2003, à 10:41 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
>> ...Which tool do you guys recommend? I prefer something that works
>> for all
>> platforms and doesn't require hours of registration or installation
>> and
>> is firewall friendly.
>
> Dunno. We'll have to try I guess, and not get stuck in toolsmania.
> I tested Cocinella and Babylon last year and they both looked good,
> but didn't use them on actual projects.

<snip/>

Bertrand just appeared on iChat this morning, we had a quick discussion
about the usefulness of different tools for code-collaboration for our
new FirstFriday sessions.

We thought it would be a good idea to try some of the tools out between
us first to see what was workable and what was not.

Bertrand is a bit busy, so I am asking you lot :)

If any of you are interested in working with me on this, please get in
touch. I can install any specific server software here
<jerm.dyndns.org> we might need (as long as it runs on MacOSX).

What requirements do we have?

	1. Cross Platform - seems to be the biggest problem :(
	2. Shared diagrams - for developing concepts
	3. Shared text-editor - for pair programming
	4. Archived shared messaging - for group discussions
	5. Rapid publishing - for the record of the day's progress

What do you think?

regards Jeremy