cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: 1060 NetKernel: virtual Internet operating system, XML runtime
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 06:53:15 GMT
On Friday 31 October 2003 20:09, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> On Thursday, Oct 30, 2003, at 17:05 Europe/Rome, Rogier Peters wrote:
> > http://www.1060.org/

> there is one say in english that I really like: "don't bite more than
> you can chew".

Instead of being negative, be inspired.

1. The Dependency based cache, where invalidation goes from leaf towards root,
could be useful to look closer at.

2. The public/private separation currently in progress in blocks, is probably
a good thing.

3. Very little actually separates NetKernel from Cocoon. The fact that more
and more products are released with a Cocoon-like processing mechanism, just
adds to the total user base, and the Cocoon community does not have to do all
the "conversion".

4. I can imagine a Cocoon-compatible implementation on top of NetKernel. Is
that so bad? I don't think so, what about the day when W3C ratify the Sitemap
DTD as standard? (I know you, Stefano, you will say it will be the death of
Cocoon as we know it ;o)  )

Niclas