cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Kohlhaas <christop...@einfachanders.de>
Subject Re: Avalon+XSLT+Mozilla = The Wobzilla-editor
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:25:05 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 04:17:20PM +0200, Arje Cahn wrote:

> > Wobzilla doesn't use a XSLT-processor it just borrows the
> > XSLT-concept and
> > -syntax. In fact the Wobzilla-language is just an
> > Avalon-configuration written
> > in XSLT-syntax. This approach facilitates a very declarative and
> > side-effect-free way of designing user-interfaces.
>

> Why is that? Why don't you use plain XSLT?

You can find an answer in

http://wobzilla.sf.net/wobzilla.html

> Could it be possible to generate the wobzilla-language from standard XSLT so I can stick
to my existing XSLT templates?

Yes, you should transfer the elements you want to be editable into
their editable counterparts.

<xsl:value-of select="name">

  into

<wbz:view class="WbzTextField" cols="20" select="name"/>

  and

<xsl:for-each select="a|b">
   ... DO something ...
</xsl:for-each>

  into

<wbz:view class="WbzRepeat">
  <wbz:create>a</wbz:create>
  <wbz:create>b</wbz:create>
   ... DO something ...
</wbz:view>

Note, that there is also an <wbz:value-of> and <wbz:for-each> for the
read-only parts.

If you want to use validation and other edit-only issues, you may
also consider the other dircetion:

Generating XSLT from the wobzilla description.

Christopher