cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gutierrez <alan-list-coc...@agtrz.com>
Subject Re: Forrest and the NDS (Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:13:27 GMT
* Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org> [2003-10-12 14:06]:

> Stefano envisions a system where it is very easy to edit content using a
> WYSIWIG editor (no structured text, no strange XML) for *everybody* by
> simply clicking on an 'edit' button - without having installed any
> unknown software - and to the changes right at the moment when you spot
> e.g. a spelling mistake. A Cocoon committer has to confirm the changes
> or additions and then the new stuff is published (mini-workflow).
>
> After a non-committer has provided e.g. 3 substantial patches to our
> documentation or new documents he can get the status of a doc committer
> and can publish directly without the confirmation of a Cocoon CVS
> committer.
>
> With this simple system we can use the power of Wiki (everybody becomes
> a doc author) and combine this with our requirement that we *must* have
> a backend repository where we store our content in order to be able to
> re-publish our website at every time.

The trouble with Wiki and docs is that new users, such as myself,
are going to look for a documentation outline. A good TOC and index
makes all the differnece in the world when searching documentation.
Has anyone discussed how to impose an outline on a Wiki?

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@agtrz.com - C:504.301.8807 - O:504.948.9237