cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gutierrez <alan-list-coc...@agtrz.com>
Subject Re: Forrest and the NDS (Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:01:05 GMT
* Jeff Turner <jefft@apache.org> [2003-10-12 12:27]:

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 12:40:39PM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > In case something is not clear, I'll be very happy to explain it.
>
> My main question is: to users, how is this system functionally different
> from a Wiki?  Eg, a good one that has 'related pages' inferred from the
> page's content:
>
> http://wiki.opensymphony.com/space/WebWork+2+Components
>
> And a naive question: wouldn't Subversion be a better backend than this
> JSR170 thing?  Then developers could store xdocs in the same repository
> as code, and could check in updates with standard svn tools (including
> IDEs).

It looks like JSR170 is an API specification, so one can create an
API for Subversion. It is important that there is an API for
Subversion available however. Also, if this is to be a Cocoon
application, wouldn't it be _nice to have_ a content management
system that creates XML deltas of XML data?

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@agtrz.com - C:504.301.8807 - O:504.948.9237