cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest and the NDS (Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:31:45 GMT
On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 12:40:39PM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> In case something is not clear, I'll be very happy to explain it.

My main question is: to users, how is this system functionally different
from a Wiki?  Eg, a good one that has 'related pages' inferred from the
page's content:

http://wiki.opensymphony.com/space/WebWork+2+Components

And a naive question: wouldn't Subversion be a better backend than this
JSR170 thing?  Then developers could store xdocs in the same repository
as code, and could check in updates with standard svn tools (including
IDEs).

Thanks,

--Jeff