cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <micha...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: [RT] FirstFriday - monthly virtual Hackathon
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:57:07 GMT
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:50:00AM +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Could we have a monthly "virtual hackathon" on the first Friday of each
> month?
>
> Suggestions:
>
> -Takes place on the first Friday of every month
>
> -Use IRC for real-time coordination
>
> -Use normal bugzilla coordination once someone actually starts working
> on a bug
>
> -Possibly use SubEthaEdit or similar whiteboarding tools [1] for pair
> programming/reviews
>
> -The goal is to close as many Bugzilla issues as possible, or bring
> them to a useful state (asking for clarifications etc)
>
> How does this sound?

	Perhaps the IRC session should be logged (by a channel bot?)
	and then the transcript mailed to the cocoon-dev mailing list
	so that the discussion can be archived.

	This would negate the "synchronous" nature of an IRC meet and
	alleviate fears that some of the desgin discussions/decisions would
	be effectively taken "off line" with the introduction of IRC.

	cheers,
	Michael