cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject NPEs in FlowLayer
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:36:22 GMT
Hi All

I am getting mysterious NPEs in the flowlayer, while working with the
flow version of  'authentication-fw'.

Not only are they odd, they are completely inconsistent.
They tend to happen after a script redirects after eg. a bad login.

eg.

"file:/Users/jermq/Checkouts/Secure/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/arches-
public/flow/authentication.js", line 91: uncaught JavaScript exception:
at failure
(file:/Users/jermq/Checkouts/Secure/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/arches-
public/flow/authentication.js, Line 91):
java.lang.NullPointerException

line 91 is:	cocoon.log.info ("FAILED");

HUH? Other log calls in my script are working fine!

the stacktrace is:

Original Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon$FOM_Log.jsFu
nction_info(FOM_Cocoon.java:757)
         at inv4.invoke()
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.doInvoke(FunctionObject.java:523)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:438)
         at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1244)

etc.

is FOM_Cocoon getting a null logger under certain circumstances ?

I also had a null logger in a component I am writing .....

The logger was null during all the lifecycle methods : configure,
service, initialise, dispose etc.

I am also getting inconsistent NPEs while calling: cocoon.sendPage

I also get a weird exception while throwing errors from flowscript:

	"file:/Users/jermq/Checkouts/Secure/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/arches-
public/flow/authentication.js", line 104: Invalid JavaScript value of
type org.mozilla.javascript.UniqueTag

line 104 is:		throw new Error("No failure redirection parameter given");

I have a fully up-to date CVS and apart from the 'throw new Error()'
business, these problems were not happening last week.

Thanks for any help ....

regards Jeremy