cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bierhance <u...@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject Re: AbstractTextSerializer.needsNamespacesAsAttributes
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:17:03 GMT
  I did some testing with different versions of Xalan.
  It is referred to Xalan 2.0.1 in AbstractTextSerializer, so I tried
  this one, the latest 2.5.1 and the one that is shipping with the
  latest jdk (2.4.1).

  It seems that Xalan doesn't handle empty qNames very well in all
  versions (2.4.1 does not differ from 2.0.1 in behaviour):

  supplied uri, empty qName - startElement("namespaceuri", "element", "")

    Xalan Java 2.4.1: </>
    Xalan Java 2.5.1: < xmlns:nsp="namespaceuri" xmlns="namespaceuri"/>
    Caucho:           Exception

  empty uri, empty qName - startElement("", "element", "")

    Xalan Java 2.4.1: </>
    Xalan Java 2.5.1: </>
    Caucho:           <nsp:element/>

  supplied uri, qName - startElement("namespaceuri", "element", "nsp:element")

    Xalan Java 2.4.1: <nsp:element/>
    Xalan Java 2.5.1: <nsp:element xmlns:nsp="namespaceuri"/>
    Caucho:           <nsp:element xmlns:nsp="namespaceuri"/>

  Note that with the current test implementation (supplying uri and
  empty qName) Xalan 2.5.1 will pass the test although it's not
  handling empty qNames!

  I think that things are getting mixed up here. One thing is the
  namespace attribute, another the empty qNames issue.

--
Regards,
 Thomas                            mailto:uf4b@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de