cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Noren <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: Flow ClassCastException
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:39:14 GMT
Hi again,

Sorry for the silence,

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 17:19, Christopher Oliver wrote:
> Your code should work. The class cast exception indicates a bug
> (probably in ScriptablePropertyPointer). You should be able to pass
> _any_ Java or JavaScript object to sendPageAndWait(). I don't have time
> to look into this right now but my first guess would be to do remove the
> unwrap-ing code below. Rhino wraps normal Java objects with a Scriptable
> wrapper which JXPath associates with the ScriptablePropertyPointer, so I
> don't think it's correct to unwrap it.

What seems to work for me was this:

ScriptablePointer.java:

  public Object getImmediateNode() {
        Object value;
        if (index == WHOLE_COLLECTION) {
            value = node;
        } else {
            value = ScriptableObject.getProperty(node, index);
            if (value == ScriptableObject.NOT_FOUND) {
                value = node; // hack: same behavior as ...
            }
        }
        if (value instanceof Wrapper) {
            //value = ((Wrapper)value).unwrap(); <<- Commented this out
        }
        return value;
    }

Our project's timetable prohibits me to investigate this further for the
next two weeks. I'd really appreciate if someone other than me could
verify the correctness of this change.

Regards,
Per-Olof Norén
Curalia AB