cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Cocoon news feed?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:08:57 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> IIUC, Bertrand was suggesting at the content side of things, rather than
> the mechanism. I don't think it is in the interest of Forrest (now) to
> become a blogging tool, since this feature would presumably depend on
> some live instance of Forrest (the webapp) running on some machine.
> Forrest's power lies in its CLI mode IMHO, and it is clearly the area of
> its applicability where the most energy and continued support has been
> put into. To me, a blogging service is clearly something different than
> generating an RSS feed.

Gee, i am not sure what you are talking about Steven.
Why do you think that a "blogging tool" is needed to do a simple
publishing of news snippets? And why do you think that it needs to
be a live webapp? We can still get prompt publishing using the
current Forrest CLI generation of Cocoon xdocs.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html
Already has an RSS version.

It is easy to get Forrest to do a similar thing to publish a
specific page of news snippets.

That does not equate to Forrest becoming a "blogging tool" and as
far as i know it does not intend to be one (though Forrest does
still have many dreams).

--David