cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Proper filenames for all jars
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 05:37:53 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> David Crossley dijo:
<snip/>

Thanks for the clarification about jar filenames.

> > The same applies to xml-apis.jar Also does this new version
> > come from xml-commons?
>
> This is a problem, that I tried to raise in the xml-commons community, but
> this is not easy. The code inside the xml-apis-jar is not part of ASF.
> xml-apis.jar is a recopilation of many standards. The xml-apis.jar is used
> by many projects: xalan, xerces, ant, cocoon, etc.

Yes, that is why xml-commons is so important. This stuff is vital to
many projects.

> I tried to push a version of the file, but this ended in a blah, blah,
> blah.  Maybe if all us push about this, we will have and xml-apis.jar with
> a version.
>
> I suggested that each change in some api will change the version of the
> file. But nobody did nothing.
>
> I am concerning about this too.

Ah, poor old xml-commons. Unfortunately, not many people from
other projects are interested in it. So it is very hard to get
things moving. I think that we should try to help rather than push.
All cocoon committers are also committers there by default. So along
with the help of other Cocoon developers, we should be there.
http://xml.apache.org/commons/

--David