cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: [Woody] woody.js (show) woody2.js (showForm) et al
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:49:57 GMT

On Oct 17, 2003, at 12:39 PM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>> Yep. And posts like Barzilai's one make me wonder if we should stop
>> development in the 2.1 repo and move it over to 2.2 into a new
>> "cforms"
>> (Cocoon forms) block. Note that this doesn't prevent to backport this
>> block to 2.1 before an official 2.2 release if we consider that it has
>> reached some level of stability (including docs).
>
> -1. I think woody need to get improved even faster than the current
> trend
> in the current release too. 2.2 is far away and since it will be at a
> stable level this would slowdown the development of woody. :-(

I totaly agree with the above..
O.K.,  Cocoon evolves and is in permanent state of flux, which is quite
natural, but it mustn't turn into a permanent teleology, I feel more
and more discouraged to use these new features of the long awaited
v.2.1. When 2.0 was out and 2.1 just started everyone was looking
forward to have a xml-form framework. Now we have 3 of it, but only few
people use it, because there is too much hope again - for v.2.2.

/leo