cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving towards a new documentation system
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:22:40 GMT

On Saturday, Oct 11, 2003, at 19:54 Europe/Rome, Nicola Ken Barozzi
wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Based on lastest posts, I will like to see a fusion Lenya+Forrest. Is
>> this
>> posible or they are divorced.
>
> Synergy. What I want Forrest and Lenya to seek is syergy.

Agreed 100%. Merging two projects *from the top* is a really bad idea
in terms of community dynamics.

Besides, the focus of forrest and lenya, while similar, is not
completely overlapping.

I'm proposign a system where they can be used together, this creates
synergy and communication. things that improve communities.

if, at the end, the two projects end up merging, well, great, but has
to come from them, from down below, from environmental needs. but,
personally, I would like to keep them separate: one community focuses
on static generation (and tries to come up with smart ways to make the
most out of it without requiring dynamism) and the other focuses on
backend things (editing, workflow, versioning, etc...).

well, that's my personal vision of course and, to be honest, not my
itch to scratch.

we need a backend for our documentation system and without forcing us
to loose all the good things we have today.

this is what I want (and I would like you as well) to focus. the rest
will happen darwinistically, as usual.

--
Stefano.