cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe Latty" <joe.la...@tias.com.au>
Subject Cocoon-2.2 and cannot resolve symbol errors
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:42:03 GMT
I have obtained cocoon-2.2 from the cvs repository. When I attempt to do a build I receive
63 errors. The first is:

    [javac] C:\cocoon-2.2\src\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\language\generator\GeneratorSelector.java:79:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ExcaliburComponentSelector
    [javac] location: class org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector
    [javac] public class GeneratorSelector extends ExcaliburComponentSelector implements Disposable
{

If I open GeneratorSelector and add

import org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector;

the other 62 errors are much the same "cannot resolve symbol" errors due to the lack of import
statements.

Is this by design, a trick for newbies perhaps?

Joe