cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Litrik De Roy" <cocoon-...@litrik.com>
Subject Redirect following a transformer does not execute the transformer
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:23:13 GMT
Imagine the following pipeline:

  <map:match pattern="delete">
    <map:generate src="delete.xml"/>
    <map:transform type="write-source"/>
    <map:redirect-to uri="list"/>
  </map:match>

I have noticed that the Source Writing transformer does not get executed ?
It looks like the sitemap is "optimizing" the pipeline and assuming "hey,
I'll need to redirect, why bother doing the generate and transform".

Does this work as designed, or am I missing something?

PS: The use case for the above pipeline is displaying a list where the user
can delete some entry. This calls the "delete" url (typically with some
parameters) but I want to prevent that the browser shows the delete url in
the address bar. So I redirect to the list URL which refreshes the list and
displays a very nice URL (but unfortunately no longer executes the
transform).

Litrik De Roy
www.litrik.com