cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Guido Casper" <>
Subject repository block (was Re: [RT] Source extensions)
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:56:40 GMT
I would like to make the following changes to the 2.1 repo and will go
ahead if noone objects (as soon I find some time):

-Creating a repository block and moving there all source interfaces not
part of excalibur's sourceresolve package.
-Moving there the SourceInspector interface and implementations
-Adding a setSourceProperty() method to the SourceInspector interface
-Marking the slide block as unstable
-Moving there Linotypes repository abstraction(s)

So the repository block would currently be not much more than a single
place to better be able compare/comment/improve/unify/consolidate.

This would remove the dependency of the webdav block and the scratchpad
block on the slide block but make them all (including Linotype) depend
on the repository block.

Unico Hommes <> wrote:
> Guido Casper wrote:
>> Unico Hommes <> wrote:
>>> One of the things I've noticed that I would like to discuss is that
>>> the Source extensions such as LockableSource, InspectableSource,
>>> etc. are currently all located inside the Slide block, whereas they
>>> should probably be located in a more general block (a repository
>>> block?) or else move them to excalibur sourceresolve.
>> I thought about that as well. The problem is that some of them do not
>> seem general enough to move to excalibur. I'm +1 for a separate block
>> although I'm not sure about the name.
> Yes, a separate block seems more obvious to me too, at least for some
> of the functionality. Property management may be general enough for
> Excalibur imho.

View raw message