cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conal Tuohy <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: DirectoryGenerator
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:14:30 GMT
Peter Hunsberger wrote:

> Conal Tuohy <conalt@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > Alfred Fuchs wrote:
> >
> > > in my expamle I extract the title of a HTML page in this way: if
> > > <title> exist and <title> not empty, use it as title.
> otherwise use
> > > the first <h1> etc... this is logic, simply done in a xslt,
> > but hoe to
> > > do this in a single xpath-query?
> >
> > string(/html/head/title[normalize-space()]|/html/body//h1[1])
>
> Except that will get both when both exists, which I don't
> think is what
> he wanted...

He should only get the title if the title exists:

The first sub-expression "/html/head/title[normalize-space()]" defines a
nodeset containing any non-whitespace title element.

The second expression "/html/body//h1[1]" selects a nodeset containing the
first heading 1.

The | operator merges the 2 nodesets.

The string() function returns the string value of the FIRST NODE in the
resulting nodeset.

Cheers!

Con