cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [ANN] The cocoon-2.2 CVS repository is setup
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:51:58 GMT

From: Stefano Mazzocchi

> cvs checkout cocoon-2.2
>
> gives you the brand new CVS repository. I did manual surgery and I
> removed:
>
>   - blocks
>   - documentation
>   - the attic for the /lib
>   - scratchpad
>
> (and we went from 148 to 32 Mb!)

Cool!

What rules do we have now?

- the development of blocks (e.g. portal, ...) is done in the
  2.1 rep until the new block management system can be considered
  as stable
- all bugfixes to the core go into 2.2, 2.1 and if necessary in 2.0
- everything that changes things fundamentally is done in 2.2
  - block development
  - changes to the environment
  - virtual sitemap components
  - move to Fortress
  - intercepted flowscript

  --> This also means that no vote is needed for any changes as
      2.2 is alpha!

I know we've discussed this several times but I want to make the rules
clear for everybody.
Is this okay - you only need to answer if it is not ;-)

Reinhar