cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephan Coboos" <cromo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [suggestion] Method getParameterMap in Request?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:34:00 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ugo Cei" <u.cei@cbim.it>
To: <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [suggestion] Method getParameterMap in Request?

> Stephan Coboos wrote:
> > in my opnion it would be nice to have a method like getParameterMap()
from
> > Servlet programming which returns all request parameters as name value
pairs
> > in a hash map. This method should reside in interface
> > org.cocoon.apache.environment.Request oder ....http.HttpRequest.
>
> Unfortunately it is possible to have more than one value for a single
> parameter.

Yes. In Servlet programming, too. Here, a string array would returned. Here
is a snipplet from the J2EE javadoc:

Returns:
an immutable java.util.Map containing parameter names as keys and parameter
values as map values. The keys in the parameter map are of type String. The
values in the parameter map are of type String array.

It would be possible and standarized ;-))

Thank you.

Regards
Stephan