cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Cocoon news feed?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:50:46 GMT

From: Nicola Ken Barozzi

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
> > What do people think about us having our own RSS feed, with
> news about
> > the Cocoon project?
>
> The "changes" document in Forrest already has an RSS feed. I
> want to add
> soon a news.xml file.
>
> In this way each project can have a full range of files for
> project info:
>
> - description.xml
> - news.xml
> - changes.xml
> - todo.xml
> - developers.xml
> etc...
>
> Cocoon is about the core, Forrest is an application of it. I
> find it a
> bit disturbing that it's about Cocoon==us,
> Forrest&&Lenya==them in these
> talks. Forrest was made exactly for this purpose, for making
> the Cocoon,
> Xmlapache, etc websites, I don't know why you keep on saying
> to forget
> it for now. If you want to start building the navigations, trails,
> tables of contents incrementally, why can't it be done in Forrest?
>
> Anyway, I'm just a single voice, I'll shut up for now.

Please don't! Without your comment I wouldn't have know that Forrest
will come up soon with a news.xml file and this will probably do
everything Bertrand wants to achive with his proposal. All Cocoon
committers can change and publish it.

[For many Cocoon devs it is mainly a lack of time to follow Forrest and
Lenya. So I (we) often think it is easier to reinvent the wheel than to
dive deeper into one of those. Sorry for this, but that's life ;-) and
difficult to change. Hence, comments like yours help a lot.]

Reinhard