cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Build infrastructure
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:00:03 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> I think it is better to save our efforts by using any of the projects
> related to this tasks. The idea, is to have a better project management
> with less effort than we currently have with Ant. Is that right?

Correct.

I strongly think that moving to Maven now will be a major and
unnecessary disruption in our development process, and I don't want to
see it.

As I said, it's quite easy to have almost all that Maven provides by
using other stuff.

What do we want from Maven?

1 - jar downloads: use Ruper or Ant <get>
2 - generic targets? Heck, we already have them.
3 - what else? Don't tell me activity reports, because it's an
     Ant task that Maven simply uses.

Let's not go into a massive build-system change that will make it even
harder to sense what's happening, and lay out what we need.

NOTE: I'm the original Centipede author, so yes, I'm definately baised

             - verba volant, scripta manent -