cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:33:25 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mardi, 23 sep 2003, à 14:26 Europe/Zurich, Nicola Ken Barozzi a écrit :
>
>> ...And maybe also use a low-tech way of adding a
>> WARNING_BETA_BLOCK.txt or WARNING_SCRATCHPAD_BLOCK.txt file in the
>> block source dir to make it clear to CVS browsers and coders of the
>> status of the code.
>
> Or rather an XML block description file?
> The upcoming block descriptor could include meta-information relating to
> the block's "stamping" status.

The problem I see with having only a descriptor is that one hat to open
the file to see the status, and few will do, as the current situation shows.

That's why a file with a descriptive name can initially alert users better.

Then there is also a descriptor and signature and all that, but it's
more about protecting the users than the developers IMHO.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -