cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:26:51 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Instead of associating 'maturity levels' to the actual location of a
> block, I would state that as a 'label' attached to it, a label that the
> block deployer reacts to and prompt the user for action in case the
> block is not considered "final" by the community.

And maybe also use a low-tech way of adding a WARNING_BETA_BLOCK.txt or
WARNING_SCRATCHPAD_BLOCK.txt file in the block source dir to make it
clear to CVS browsers and coders of the status of the code.

> so, the only thing left is to define how you get those blocks "stamped",
> but I think it would just require a community vote with a majority.
>
> Such "stamping" should be done thru the use of a digital certificate so
> that the block deployer can say "this is a block certified by the cocoon
> community as final".

This is a novel and interesting proposal. I think we should try it. +1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -