cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on better release and version management
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:08:52 GMT
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> >> seconded!
> >

> > are you (or Berin) volunteering? [again, not caustic, just curious]
>
> :O WHat me volunteer?
>
> Maybe I should learn to keep my mouth shut.  ;P
>
> Seriously though, between Giacomo and I the build infrastructure would
> not be too hard to set up.  In fact, we can get it started in parallel
> to what is currently there.  When all are satisfied with the results,
> we remove the old build system.

I'd suggest to build up the new repo (if we go the Maven way) step by
step with a clear modularisation (read individual releasable units) in
mind and sketched out in a discussion here. I can think of someone (this
includes me, of course) starts moving class by class with the help of an
IDE like Eclipse that helps identifing the missing part until a module
is compilable.

> So when and where do we start on 2.2?  (As I asked before with Fortress
> integration)....

Good question :-)

--
Giacomo Pati