cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cron Block [was [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1]
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:20:42 GMT
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > One thing I'd like to put in:
> >
> > Now that the new Corn block has been added, can we get rid of the
> > Cornerstone Scheduler? If we can, it would never appear in ANY release.
> >
> Ok, it seems that your cron block does the same, so we *could* ge rid of
> the cornerstone scheduler. But there is one minor problem with it :)
> Some stuff in the scratchpad relies on the cornerstone scheduler. This
> can be changed to use your cron block, but the build system is not
> able to build it as the scratchpad can't have dependencies to a block.

Uh, didn't know we already have dependencies on the Cornerstone
scheduler. Yes, found it. The RefresherImpl. The problem with scratchpad
is that it conceptually belongs to the core, and probably so the
RefresherImpl.

Should the cron (or maybe better Scheduler?) belong to the core as well?

> So, there are two simple solutions:
> a) move the cron block into the scratchpad

This would mean 'move it to the core' IMO

> b) convert the scratchpad to a block (this would also solve the problem
> with the two velocity jars).

We loose the ability to have a playground for core stuff, right?

> I prefer b).
>
> What do you think?
>
> I think we should fix this before the release tomorrow.

+1

--
Giacomo Pati