cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:00:58 GMT
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Andrew Savory wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Steven Noels wrote:
> > IMHO, it's simply unworkable to have major stuff going on in one module,
> > over two branches, at the same time.
> In CVS, I've always found branches == pain.

Can you explain you pains? I've found it quite usefull to have a main
branch for firther development an one for maintenance.

> I appreciate a move to something like subversion is quite a revolution,
> and I'd suggest it's something best kept for the next "revolution" in
> Cocoon (like the jump from 1.x to 2.x).

Still IIRC Apache does not use SVN as an infrastructure equivalent to

> But I'd really like to see a 2.2 module created now. Should we put it to a
> vote?

What's the diffrence between a new repository and a branch (I know:

Giacomo Pati
Otego AG, Switzerland -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -

View raw message