cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: CommandManager issues [was Re: Releasing 2.1.1?]
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:29:11 GMT
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 11:37, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >

> > > On Behalf Of Giacomo Pati

> > > Do you think it is difficult to use/to integrate? From the features list
> > > it is exactly what we need, isn't it?
> >
> > IMHO, from the feature list it is way too much we need, isn't it?
>
> I think many of it are optional features, and those extra features might
> come in handy some day. If it does everything we need and if it's solid,
> why not use it?

Hmm, the cocurrency util from Doug Lea does alot Quartz offers. So my
oppinion was not to add another dependency. Quartz (if I've read the
feature list correctly) doesn't offer Cron spec parsing, so we have to
do it anyway. And because I've alread done this for another project some
times ago I thought to but it into a Scheduler by it own (mean in the
org.apache.cocoon package space).

So, the scheduler I've proposed is already done. I just have to
repackage it and add some more javadocs etc. It's about to be ready to
be committed tomorrow.

If there are still objection I hold on the commits until we reached
consensus.

--
Giacomo Pati